one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day...
The first book of Moses called Genesis...In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth…And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep… And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters… And God said, Let there be light: and there was light… And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness…Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years...And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also...And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth..Thus the heavens (shamayim - the visible universe, the sky, atmosphere, as abode of the stars) and the earth were finished, and all the host of them...These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens...
And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day…
Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters… And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so…
And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day…
Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry [land] appear: and it was so… And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good…
And the evening and the morning were the third day…
Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years… And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also… And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth…
And the evening and the morning were the fourth day…
Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven… And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good…
And the evening and the morning were the fifth day...
Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth… And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good.
And the evening and the morning were the sixth day…
And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made…God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made… But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground…And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul...
Adam… And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed… And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil… And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads… The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, (Havilah - circle, a part of Eden through which flowed the river Pison; in the northeast corner of Asia Minor, near the Caspian Sea) where there is gold (zahab /gold, a precious metal)… And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone… And the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia… And the name of the third river is Hiddekel: that is it which goeth toward the east of Assyria. And the fourth river is Euphrates… And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it… And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat…But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (ra -bad, wicked), thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die… And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
Eve…And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.. And they were both naked…Now the serpent (nachash – a serpent so called for its hissing, also used in the constellation of the dragon) was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made… And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden … But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die… And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die… For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil… And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat… And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons…And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat… And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life.. And I will put enmity (hatred) between thee and the woman, and between thy seed (zera - a sowing, seed, semen virile, offsring, descendants) and her seed;(zera) it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel…Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee… And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life… And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.
Cain and Abel…And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life. Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain. And she again bare his brother Abel. Abel was a keeper of sheep, Cain was a tiller of the ground...And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him...And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark, (transliteration – owth, a distinguishing mark, miraculous sign, omen, token, ensign), upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him...And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden...And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch; (Enoch - dedicated) and he builded a city (the astrologers heaven) and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch. *See page Egypt in the News
- 4356 BC...Adam is 130 years of age...He begat another son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth. And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the LORD..and he begat sons………Predynastic Period of Egypt 5000 BC..
- 4161 BC...Cainan
- 4000 BC…Sumerians came to Mesopotamia
- 4091 BC...Mahalaleel
- 3864 BC...Enoch..And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him…not the same Enoch that was Cain’s son.
- 3799 BC...Methuselah
- 3169 BC...Lamech..1st dynasty of Egypt King Scorpion
- 3010 BC.. Noah born ...And he called his name Noah, saying, This same shall comfort us concerning our work and toil of our hands, because of the ground which the LORD hath cursed....Pharaoh Menes…capital of Egypt is established in Memphis, double crown appears symbolizing unity of predynastic kingdoms.
- 2700 BC…2nd dynasty King Peribsen…and his supporters of the god Seth lose struggle with supporters of cult of Horus. Horus becomes royal patron deity.
- 2667-2684 BC…3rd dynasty of Egypt King Djoser building of the first pyramid, Step Pyramid at Saqqara, under the authority of Imhotep
- 2589-2566 BC…4th dynasty of Egypt Pharaoh Cheops builder of the Great pyramid and Chephren builder of second pyramid.
- 2528-2500 BC…4th dynasty of Egypt Pharaoh Mycerinus builder of the third pyramid
- 2500-2496 BC…4th dynasty of Egypt Pharaoh Shepseskaf the mastaba tomb is revived
- 2448 BC…Shem, Ham Japbeth..sons of Noah
- 2409 BC… 5th dynasty of Egypt Pharaoh Niuserre / Pharaoh Usas builds a Sun temple, Sun cult promoted, earliest examples of pyramid text, cult of Ra, three high priests succeeded each other known as “Sons of Ra”…Noah builds the ark.. And the LORD said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation.
- THE GREAT FLOOD…And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them..That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose…There were giants (nĕphiyl / the Nephilim - to fall, lie, be cast down, the giant in the sky - the constellation Orion) in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown. And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually..And Noah was six hundred years old when the flood of waters was upon the earth.. There they went in two and two unto Noah into the ark, the male and the female, as God had commanded Noah.. And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights…And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days.
- 2328 BC…Ark rests on Mt. Ararat…Now these are the generations of the sons of Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth: and unto them were sons born after the flood...And the ark rested in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, upon the mountains of Ararat.
- 2306 BC…6th dynasty of Egypt Pharaoh Pepy I builds his pyramid at Saqqara.
- 2227 BC…Tower of Babel / Confusion of the language… By these were the isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands; every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations. And the sons of Ham; Cush, and Mizraim (Egypt - "land of the Copts") and Phut, and Canaan. And Cush begat Nimrod:( Nimrod -"rebellion" or "rebel”, son of Cush, grandson of Ham, and great grandson of Noah; a mighty hunter, he established an empire in the area of Babylon and Assyria) he began to be a mighty one in the earth. He was a mighty hunter before the LORD: wherefore it is said, Even as Nimrod the mighty hunter before the LORD. And the beginning of his kingdom was Babel, (Babel or Babylon – “confusion”, the ancient site and/or capital of Babylonia situated on the Euphrates) and Erech, and Accad, and Calneh, in the land of Shinar. See Genesis 10:10 -10:28. And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech. And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there. And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth. And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech. So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city. Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.
- 2181-2173 BC…7th dynasty of Egypt..The Old kingdom collapses, a period of social upheaval and political chaos.
- 2173-2160 BC…8th dynasty of Egypt..Succession of Memphis based rulers. The 9th and 10th dynasties saw a line of seventeen different kings in Egypt.
- 2133 BC…11th dynasty of Egypt
- 2115 BC…Abraham is born
- 2040 BC...Abraham leaves Horan…Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee: And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing…And there was a famine in the land: and Abram went down into Egypt to sojourn there; for the famine was grievous in the land. And it came to pass, that, when Abram was come into Egypt, the Egyptians beheld the woman that she was very fair…The princes also of Pharaoh saw her, and commended her before Pharaoh: and the woman was taken into Pharaoh's house…And the LORD plagued Pharaoh and his house with great plagues because of Sarai Abram's wife…And Pharaoh commanded his men concerning him: and they sent him away, and his wife, and all that he had…And Abraham gat up early in the morning to the place where he stood before the LORD: And he looked toward Sodom and Gomorrah, and toward all the land of the plain, and beheld, and, lo, the smoke of the country went up as the smoke of a furnace…
- 2060- 1991 BC…11th dynasty Pharaohs Mentuhoptre Nebhepetre, Mentuhoptep S'ankhkare, and Mentuhoptre Nebtowyre. One a Theban Prince who reunites Egypt, builds Deir el-Bahri in Thebes...The last being assinated, his vizier Amenemhet usurps the throne…And when the sun was going down, a deep sleep fell upon Abram; and, lo, an horror of great darkness fell upon him… And also that nation, whom they shall serve, will I judge: and afterward shall they come out with great substance…And Sarai Abram's wife took Hagar her maid the Egyptian, after Abram had dwelt ten years in the land of Canaan, and gave her to her husband Abram to be his wife..And the angel of the LORD said unto her, Behold, thou art with child, and shalt bear a son, and shalt call his name Ishmael; because the LORD hath heard thy affliction...And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect..And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly. And they came to the place which God had told him of; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood… And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son.. And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.. And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.
- 1940 BC…Abraham dies…12th dynasty of Egypt, Middle Kingdom of Egypt, Pharaoh Amenemhet I who reorganizes Egypt. And it came to pass after the death of Abraham, that God blessed his son Isaac; and Isaac dwelt by the well Lahairoi… Now these are the generations of Ishmael…And there was a famine in the land, beside the first famine that was in the days of Abraham. And Isaac went unto Abimelech king of the Philistines unto Gerar.
- 1929-1895 BC…12th dynasty of Egypt Pharaoh Amenemhet II
- 1897-1878 BC…12th dynsaty of Egypt Pharaoh Senusret II undertakes major land reclamation, builds works in the oasis in Fayoum.. And the land which I gave Abraham and Isaac, to thee I will give it, and to thy seed after thee will I give the land.. And Jacob set up a pillar in the place where he talked with him, even a pillar of stone: and he poured a drink offering thereon, and he poured oil thereon.. And Isaac gave up the ghost, and died, and was gathered unto his people, being old and full of days: and his sons Esau and Jacob buried him.. And Jacob dwelt in the land wherein his father was a stranger, in the land of Canaan.
- 1890 BC…Joseph is born..These are the generations of Jacob. Joseph, being seventeen years old, was feeding the flock with his brethren; and the lad was with the sons of Bilhah, and with the sons of Zilpah, his father's wives: and Joseph brought unto his father their evil report.
- 1873 BC…Joseph sold into slavery…And Reuben said unto them, Shed no blood, but cast him into this pit that is in the wilderness, and lay no hand upon him; that he might rid him out of their hands, to deliver him to his father again.. And it came to pass, when Joseph was come unto his brethren, that they stript Joseph out of his coat, his coat of many colours that was on him; And they took him, and cast him into a pit: and the pit was empty, there was no water in it.. Come, and let us sell him to the Ishmeelites, and let not our hand be upon him; for he is our brother and our flesh. And his brethren were content.
- 1878-1843 BC…12th dynasty of Egypt Pharaoh Senusret III, abolishes powers and privileges of nobles by unknown means…Now there arose up a new king over Egypt, which knew not Joseph.
- 1862 BC…Joseph imprisoned.. And Joseph was brought down to Egypt; and Potiphar, ("belonging to the sun") an officer of Pharaoh, captain of the guard, an Egyptian, bought him of the hands of the Ishmeelites, which had brought him down thither.. And the LORD was with Joseph, and he was a prosperous man; and he was in the house of his master the Egyptian...And Joseph's master took him, and put him into the prison, a place where the king's prisoners were bound: and he was there in the prison…And Pharaoh was wroth against two of his officers, against the chief of the butlers, and against the chief of the bakers.. And the chief butler told his dream to Joseph, and said to him, In my dream, behold, a vine wa] before me; And Joseph said unto him, This is the interpretation of it: The three branches are three days:..Yet within three days shall Pharaoh lift up thine head, and restore thee unto thy place: and thou shalt deliver Pharaoh's cup into his hand, after the former manner when thou wast his butler…And it came to pass at the end of two full years, that Pharaoh dreamed: and, behold, he stood by the river… And he slept and dreamed the second time: and, behold, seven ears of corn came up upon one stalk, rank and good.. And it came to pass in the morning that his spirit was troubled; and he sent and called for all the magicians (chartom - diviner, magician, astrologer engraver, writer (only in derivative sense of one possessed of occult knowledge) of Egypt, and all the wise men thereof: and Pharaoh told them his dream; but there was none that could interpret them unto Pharaoh… And Joseph said unto Pharaoh, The dream of Pharaoh is one: God hath shewed Pharaoh what he is about to do.. Let Pharaoh do this, and let him appoint officers over the land, and take up the fifth part of the land of Egypt in the seven plenteous years…And let them gather all the food of those good years that come, and lay up corn under the hand of Pharaoh, and let them keep food in the cities… And that food shall be for store to the land against the seven years of famine, which shall be in the land of Egypt; that the land perish not through the famine…And the thing was good in the eyes of Pharaoh, and in the eyes of all his servants.
- 1860 BC…Joseph rules Egypt as Vizier to Pharaoh .. And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, Forasmuch as God hath shewed thee all this, there is none so discreet and wise as thou art: Thou shalt be over my house, and according unto thy word shall all my people be ruled: only in the throne will I be greater than thou… And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, See, I have set thee over all the land of Egypt… And Pharaoh took off his ring (tabba`ath - ring, signet, signet ring) from his hand, and put it upon Joseph's hand, and arrayed him in vestures of fine linen, and put a gold chain about his neck; And he made him to ride in the second chariot which he had; and they cried before him, Bow the knee: and he made him ruler over all the land of Egypt.. And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, I am Pharaoh, and without thee shall no man lift up his hand or foot in all the land of Egypt…And Pharaoh called Joseph's name Zaphnathpaaneah; (Zaphnath-paaneah - "treasury of the glorious rest") and he gave him to wife Asenath (Asenath - "belonging to the goddess Neith", follower of Isis ) the daughter of Potipherah ("he whom the Ra gave" priest of Helipolis) priest of On (Helipolis – a city in lower Egypt, bordering land of Goshen, centre of sun-worship),..And Joseph went out over all the land of Egypt… And Joseph was thirty years old when he stood before Pharaoh king (melek / Moloch - to be or become king or queen) of Egypt. And Joseph went out from the presence of Pharaoh, and went throughout all the land of Egypt…And unto Joseph were born two sons before the years of famine came, which Asenath the daughter of Potipherah priest of On (Helopolis) bare unto him…And Joseph called the name of the firstborn Manasseh (Manasseh - "causing to forget" the eldest son of Joseph and progenitor of the tribe of Manasseh): For God, said he, hath made me forget all my toil, and all my father's house…And the name of the second called he Ephraim: (Ephraim - "double ash-heap: I shall be doubly fruitful" second son of Joseph, blessed by him and given preference over first son, Manasseh) For God hath caused me to be fruitful in the land of my affliction *See Holy Bible vs. Mason Bible , *See page Egypt in the News
- 1846 BC…Joseph buys for Pharaoh… Manasseh and Ephraim, It was not uncommon for the sons of a Vizier to enter into the Egyptian Priesthood around the age of fifteen, learning skills and secrets.
- 1843-1797 BS…Pharaoh Amenemhet III and Pharaoh Amenemhet IV, Middle Kingdom of Egypt, prosperity in the Egypt, many building projects were started.
- 1787-1786 BC…12th dynasty of Egypt Queen Regent Sobekneferu
- 1787-1567 BC…Second Intermediate period of Egypt..line of sixty continuous kings..Hyksos invade
- 1780 BC…Joseph dies…13th dynasty of Egypt, approximately ten years into the Hyksos reign of Egypt.
- 1570 BC…13th, 14th, 15th dynasty of Egypt, New Kingdom of Egypt
- 1570- 1546 BC…18th dynasty of Egypt..Pharaoh Amoses, brother of Kamose, he expels Hyksos into southern Palestine.
- 1546-1526 BC…Pharaoh Amenhotep I, campaigns in Syria.
- 1525-1512 BC…Pharaoh Thutmoses I marries Prince Ahmose’s daughter..Egypt is a great power
- 1510 BC…Moses is born…Hatshepsut Pharaoh’s daughter is approximately twelve years old. …And Pharaoh charged all his people, saying, Every son that is born ye shall cast into the river, and every daughter ye shall save alive... And the daughter of Pharaoh came down to wash herself at the river; and her maidens walked along by the river's side; and when she saw the ark among the flags, she sent her maid to fetch it. And the child grew, and she brought him unto Pharaoh's daughter (bath - girl, adopted daughter, daughter-in-law, sister), and he became her son. And she called his name Moses: and she said, Because I drew him out of the water…
- 1512-1504 BC…Pharaoh Thutmoses II marries Hatshepsut
- 1504-1482 BC…Pharaoh Hatshepsut after taking the throne from her stepson Thutmoses III, she becomes gueen regent, building a temple at Deir-el-Bahre, Thebes.
- 1504-1450 BC…Pharaoh Thutmoses III…son of Thutmoses II and a minor wife, became Pharaoh after his fathers death. Because he was so young at the time, Hatsheput proclaimed herself Pharaoh…reigned together.
- 1470 BC…Moses kills the Egyptain..ten years after Hatshepsut dies and during the reign of Thutmoses III.. And Moses was learned in all the wisdom of the Egyptians, and was mighty in words and in deeds.. And he looked this way and that way, and when he saw that there was no man, he slew the Egyptian, and hid him in the sand.. And when he went out the second day, behold, two men of the Hebrews strove together: and he said to him that did the wrong, Wherefore smitest thou thy fellow? And he said, Who made thee a prince and a judge over us? intendest thou to kill me, as thou killedst the Egyptian? And Moses feared, and said, Surely this thing is known…Now when Pharaoh heard this thing, he sought to slay Moses. But Moses fled from the face of Pharaoh, and dwelt in the land of Midian: and he sat down by a well.
- 1450-1425 BC…Pharaoh Amenhotep II the son of Thutmoses III was a great warrior and sportsman…And the Lord said to Moses.. And Moses was fourscore years old, and Aaron fourscore and three years old, when they spake unto Pharaoh.. And Pharaoh said, Who is the LORD, that I should obey his voice to let Israel go? I know not the LORD, neither will I let Israel go... Moses and Aaron went in, and told Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Let my people go, that they may hold a feast unto me in the wilderness.. Then the LORD said unto Moses, Now shalt thou see what I will do to Pharaoh: for with a strong hand shall he let them go, and with a strong hand shall he drive them out of his land.. And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and multiply my signs and my wonders in the land of Egypt.. But Pharaoh shall not hearken unto you, that I may lay my hand upon Egypt, and bring forth mine armies, and my people the children of Israel, out of the land of Egypt by great judgments... When Pharaoh shall speak unto you, saying, Shew a miracle for you: then thou shalt say unto Aaron, Take thy rod, and cast it before Pharaoh, and it shall become a serpent.. And Moses and Aaron went in unto Pharaoh, and they did so as the LORD had commanded: and Aaron cast down his rod before Pharaoh, and before his servants, and it became a serpent.. Then Pharaoh also called the wise men and the sorcerers: (kashaph - to practice witchcraft or sorcery, use witchcraft) now the magicians (chartom - diviner, magician, astrologer, skilled in scared writings) of Egypt, they also did in like manner with their enchantments (to use occult, magical arts). Thus saith the LORD, In this thou shalt know that I am the LORD: behold, I will smite with the rod that in mine hand upon the waters which are in the river, and they shall be turned to blood.. And the fish that is in the river shall die, and the river shall stink; and the Egyptians shall lothe to drink of the water of the river…And the river shall bring forth frogs abundantly, which shall go up and come into thine house, and into thy bedchamber, and upon thy bed, and into the house of thy servants..And they did so; for Aaron stretched out his hand with his rod, and smote the dust of the earth, and it became lice in man, and in beast; all the dust of the land became lice throughout all the land of Egypt.. Else, if thou wilt not let my people go, behold, I will send swarms of flies upon thee, and upon thy servants, and upon thy people, and into thy houses: and the houses of the Egyptians shall be full of swarms of flies, and also the ground whereon they are.. And the magicians could not stand before Moses because of the boils; for the boil was upon the magicians, and upon all the Egyptians…So there was hail, and fire mingled with the hail, very grievous, such as there was none like it in all the land of Egypt since it became a nation.. And the LORD said unto Moses, Stretch out thine hand over the land of Egypt for the locusts, that they may come up upon the land of Egypt, and eat every herb of the land, even all that the hail hath left…And all the firstborn in the land of Egypt shall die, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sitteth upon his throne, even unto the firstborn of the maidservant that is behind the mill; and all the firstborn of beasts…And Moses and Aaron did all these wonders before Pharaoh: and the LORD hardened Pharaoh's heart, so that he would not let the children of Israel go out of his land.. For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the LORD…And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle…And Moses said unto the people, Remember this day, in which ye came out from Egypt, out of the house of bondage; for by strength of hand the LORD brought you out from this place…
- 1430 BC…EXODUS FROM EGYPT...Amenhotep II having a successful reign both in terms of military campaigns and building projects - he was overshadowed by his father, Tuthmosis III with whom he shared a short co-regency of two years..was famed at the time for his sportsmanship, was very athletic and had a great love of horses. Upon the death of Tuthmosis III, Amenhotep II inherited a huge empire, something that he intended not to lose and any rebellions were severely dealt with. Inscriptions detail how Amenhotep II fought in hand-to-hand combat..led the Egyptian troops into battle full of rage..regarded as the most bloodthirsty pharaoh of the 18th Dynasty…and Pharaoh came after Moses…Moses stretched forth his hand over the sea, and the sea returned to his strength when the morning appeared; and the Egyptians fled against it; and the LORD overthrew the Egyptians in the midst of the sea…And the waters returned, and covered the chariots, and the horsemen, and all the host of Pharaoh that came into the sea after them; there remained not so much as one of them..Thus the LORD saved Israel that day out of the hand of the Egyptians; and Israel saw the Egyptians dead upon the sea shore…Pharaoh's chariots and his host hath he cast into the sea: his chosen captains also are drowned (taba`- to sink, sink into, sink down) in the Red sea.
- 1425-1417 BC… Pharaoh Thutmoses IV the one god Aten is becoming popular in Egypt
- 1390 BC…Moses dies..18th dynasty of Egypt Amenhotep III, a great builder, he promotes the cult of Aten, wife Tiye a powerful queen despite nonroyal origins.
- 1379-1362 BC… Pharaoh Amenhotep IV..known as Akhenaton, the predecessor of Tutankamen, and husband of Nefertiti, revised the Egyptian religious world by instituting a monotheism, combining the hundreds of deities into one deity - Aton Ra, the sun deity.
- 1364-1361 BC…Pharaoh Smenkhkare son in law to Akhenaton possible coregent with Akhenaton
- 1361-1352 BC…Pharaoh Tutankhamum son in law to Akhenaton begins restoration of traditional religion then return the capital of Egypt to Thebes. He dies young by unknown circumstances.
- 1318-1304 BC…19th dynasty of Egypt Pharaoh Sethos I also called Seti I, reestablishes the empires of Syria - Palestine. His tomb is the largest in the Valley of the Kings.
- 1304-1237 BC…Pharaoh Ramses II was a warrior and builder. Egypt wars against Hittites eventually making peace with them.
- 1236-1223 BC…Pharaoh Merenptah The son of Rameses II defeates threats of the coalition of Libyans and the Sea People.
- 1198-1166 BC...20th dynasty of Egypt Pharaoh Ramses III He was the last of the great warrior kings, defeated the Libyans and the Sea Peoples. During his reign the Harem Conspiracy failed to assassinate the Pharaoh.
- 1160-1156 BC….Pharaoh Ramses V the Turin Papyrus is written.
- 1113-1085 BC….Pharaoh Ramses XI the kingdom of Egypt was divided in half during his reign. The high priests of Amun are ruling the south from the city of Thebes
- 1089-525 BC….Third Intermediate period of Egypt…beginning at the 21st dynasty starts a line of seven kings which rule Egypt from Tanis and the rule of the high priests from Thebes.
- 959- 945 BC….Pharaoh Psuennes II was the son of a high priest from Thebes and a royal princess from Tanis, unites the lands of the north and south of Egypt… And David comforted Bathsheba his wife, and went in unto her, and lay with her: and she bare a son, and he called his name Solomon: and the LORD loved him.
- 945- 924 BC….Pharaoh Shoshenk I also known as the biblical Shishak desended from a line of Libyans. He was know for his involvement in foreign politics…Then Solomon assembled the elders of Israel, and all the heads of the tribes, the chief of the fathers of the children of Israel, unto king Solomon in Jerusalem, that they might bring up the ark of the covenant of the LORD out of the city of David, which is Zion…Then spake Solomon, The LORD said that he would dwell in the thick darkness…And at that time Solomon held a feast, and all Israel with him, a great congregation, from the entering in of Hamath unto the river of Egypt, before the LORD our God, seven days and seven days, even fourteen days…And it came to pass, when Solomon had finished the building of the house of the LORD, and the king's house, and all Solomon's desire which he was pleased to do,.. And it came to pass at the end of twenty years, when Solomon had built the two houses, the house of the LORD, and the king's house…Now Hiram the king of Tyre had furnished Solomon with cedar trees and fir trees, and with gold, according to all his desire, that then king Solomon gave Hiram twenty cities in the land of Galilee…But of the children of Israel did Solomon make no bondmen: but they were men of war, and his servants, and his princes, and his captains, and rulers of his chariots, and his horsemen.. But Pharaoh's daughter, (whose father was Pasebkhanu II King of Tanis the son of Shishak,) came up out of the city of David unto her house which Solomon had built *See America's Masonic Secret page, for her: then did he build Millo. And when the queen of Sheba (Sheba - "seven" or "an oath" the land in Arabia rich in frankincense, spices, gold, gems) heard of the fame of Solomon concerning the name of the LORD, she came to prove him with hard questions. And when the queen of Sheba had seen all Solomon's wisdom, and the house that he had built.. And king Solomon gave unto the queen of Sheba all her desire, whatsoever she asked, beside that which Solomon gave her of his royal bounty. So she turned and went to her own country, she and her servants.. Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred threescore and six talents of gold (666 talents of zä·häb' – gold). But king Solomon loved many strange women, together with the daughter of Pharaoh, women of the Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Zidonians, and Hittites; And he had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines: and his wives turned away his heart.. For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites.. Then did Solomon build an high place for Chemosh, the abomination of Moab, in the hill that is before Jerusalem, and for Molech, the abomination of the children of Ammon.. And the LORD stirred up an adversary unto Solomon, Hadad the Edomite: he was of the king's seed in Edom.. And Hadad found great favour in the sight of Pharaoh, so that he gave him to wife the sister of his own wife, the sister of Tahpenes (takh·pen·ās' - wife of the Pharoah) the queen… And the time that Solomon reigned in Jerusalem over all Israel was forty years.. And Solomon slept with his fathers, and was buried in the city of David his father: and Rehoboam his son reigned in his stead..
- 874- 850 BC…Pharoah Shishak - Pharoah Osorkon II builds in Tanis and Bubastis.. And Rehoboam went to Shechem: for all Israel were come to Shechem to make him king.. And it came to pass, when Jeroboam the son of Nebat, who was yet in Egypt, heard of it, for he was fled from the presence of king Solomon, and Jeroboam dwelt in Egypt.. And it came to pass in the fifth year of king Rehoboam, that Shishak king of Egypt came up against Jerusalem.. And he took away the treasures of the house of the LORD, and the treasures (o·tsä' – treasure house, gold, silver, gems, but no mention of the Ark of the Covenant, was removed) of the king's house; he even took away all: and he took away all the shields of gold which Solomon had made.
- 818-850 BC…the 23rd dynasty of Egypt centered at Tanis
- 727-715 BC…the 24th dynasty of Egypt rules a limited area from Sais
- 780-656 BC…the 25th dynasty of Egypt Pharaoh Shabako, Egypts first Nubian pharaoh establishing the dynasty in Thebes, building on the efforts of Pianky the ruler of Kush
- 690-664 BC…Pharoah Taharka he interferes with the politics of Judah that leads to conflicts with the Assyrians.The Assyrians invade Egypt in 671.
- 664-656 BC…Pharaoh Tanuatamun the last Kushite to rule Egypt, he was able to defeat the Assyrians.
- 664-525 BC…the 26th dynasty the Assyrians install the princes of Sais as the ruler in Egypt. Tanuatamun is attemping to regain power but unable to regain the control of Egypt.
- 664-610 BC…Psammetichus I establishes the 26th dynasty
- 610-595 BC…Pharoah Necho II becomes involved in the politics of Judah and is defeated by the Babylonians at the battle of Carchemish. He starts construction of the canal between the Nile and Red Sea. In the eighteenth year of the reign of Josiah was this passover kept..After all this, when Josiah had prepared the temple, Necho king of Egypt came up to fight against Carchemish by Euphrates: and Josiah went out against him.. And the king of Egypt put him down at Jerusalem, and condemned the land in an hundred talents of silver and a talent of gold.
- 589-570 BC…Apries also called the biblical Pharaoh Hopra becomes involved in the Judaean revolt against Babylon. The civil war in Egypt forces him out of power.
- 586 BC…The fall of Jerusalem to Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon..the deportation of the Jews to Babylon.
- 525-332 BC…Late period of Egypt
- 525-404 BC…the 27th dynasty first Persian period where eight Persian kings rule Egypt.
- 521-486 BC…Darius I promotes Egypt’s religious customs and law, completes the canal from the Nile to the Red Sea.
- 332 BC….Alexander the Great founds city of Alexandria, he has a vision and undergoes a form of deification at the oracle of Swia. He rules until his death in 323.
- 305-30 BC…Ptolemaic Egypt
- 305-283 BC…Ptolemy I Macredonian general from Alexander’s army assumes the kingship in 305. Establishes the dynasty by means of coregencies and consanguineous marriages.
- 283-246 BC…Ptolemy II Philadelphus brings Hellenization to Egypt.
- 246-51 BC…Ptolemy III, Ptolemy IV, Ptolemy V, Ptolemy VI, Ptolemy VII
- 51-30 BC…Cleopatra VII The last Macedonian ruler of Egypt, has liaisons with Julius Caesar and Mark Anthony. Supposedly commits suicide at Alexandria when Augustus defeats her.
- 30 BC- AD 600…Roman Egypt
- 1- 4 AD…Birth of Jesus And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people… For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord… Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem.. Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him… When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was.. When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy…And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh… And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him… And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son…Josephus records an eclipse of the moon just before Herod dies. This occurred around March 12th in year 4. Josephus also tells us that Herod dies just before Passover.
- 34-37 AD…Jesus dies on the cross But they cried out, Away with him, away with him, crucify him. Pilate saith unto them, Shall I crucify your King? The chief priests answered, We have no king but Caesar… Then delivered he him therefore unto them to be crucified. And they took Jesus, and led him away… And he bearing his cross went forth into a place called the place of a skull, (kranion) which is called in the Hebrew Golgotha (a hill outside of Jerusalem shaped like a skull).. Where they crucified him, and two other with him, on either side one, and Jesus in the midst… And Pilate wrote a title, and put it on the cross. And the writing was, JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS… After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst… Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a spunge with vinegar, and put it upon hyssop, and put it to his mouth… When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.
- 306-337 AD…Constantine I, First Christian emperor ending the persecution of Christians, he attempts to resolve doctrinal conflicts within the church
- 600’s AD…The Arabs conquer Egypt and introduce Islam.
- 1060 - 1270 AD...Crusaders conduct military campaigns against the Muslims in the Middle East. The Crusaders gave safe passage for pilgrams traveling to Jerusalem. There was no more important place on Earth than Jerusalem for a true Christian. *See America's Masonic Secret page